COVID-19 Information and Resources
COVID-19 Vaccination for Pregnant & Lactating Parents
While they're often grouped together, please remember that Pregnancy and Lactation are different physiological processes with different factors to consider.
Statements and Guidance for Parents and Care Providers
- Infant Risk Center: COVID-19 Vaccine in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- ACOG Patient Education: Coronavirus (COVID-19), Pregnancy, and Breastfeeding: A Message for Parents
- ACOG Clinical Guidance: Vaccinating Pregnant and Lactating Patients against COVID-19
- ACOG and SMFM Joint Statement on WHO Recommendations Regarding COVID-19 Vaccines and Pregnant Individuals
- COVID Vaccine Advice if You Are Pregnant or Breastfeeding (ACNM, AWHONN, NPWH, SMFM)
- CDC: Vaccination Considerations for People who are Pregnant or Breastfeeding
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine: Considerations for COVID-19 Vaccination in Lactation
Additional Articles of Interest
- Harvard Health Blog: Wondering About COVID Vaccines if you're Pregnant or Breastfeeding?
- Seattle Times: The COVID-19 vaccine does not cause infertility
Vaccine Access in Washington State
COVID-19 in Pregnancy and Lactation
COVID-19 in Pregnancy
- Harvard Health Blog: Pregnant and Worried About COVID-19?
- ACOG Clinical Guidance: COVID-19 (focus on Pregnancy, Postpartum, Breastfeeding)
- SMFM Clinical Guidance: Management Considerations for Pregnant Patients with COVID-19
- SMFM Patient Guidance: COVID-19: Pregnancy and Maternity Care Advice for Women and their Families (also available in Spanish)
Breastfeeding/Chestfeeding with COVID-19
- ABM: Should Infants Be Separated from Mothers with COVID-19? First, Do No Harm
- AAP: Breastfeeding During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- CDC: Guidance on Breastfeeding and Breast Milk Feeds in the Context of COVID-19 (including information on direct feeding and expressing milk; factors to consider if pumping/expressing milk in the workplace; information on safety of pasteurized donor milk)
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine: Maternal and Infant Outcomes Associated with Maternity Practices Related to COVID-19: The COVID Mothers Study A summary of the findings is also available via the COVID Mothers Study @ Harvard.
- The Lancet: A public health approach for deciding policy on infant feeding and mother-infant contact in the context of COVID-19